NBT Seeks Senior Development Officer
POSTED March 1, 2017
New Brunswick Tomorrow (NBT) seeks a Senior Development Officer to oversee NBT’s development initiatives.
Senior Director of Development
The Senior Director of Development is the staff person with primary responsibility for establishing, implementing and managing a comprehensive fund raising program to advance the mission and work of New Brunswick Tomorrow. Reporting to the President and working closely with the Development Committee of the Board, The Senior Director of Development advances and secures the fund-raising objectives established and approved by the Board of Directors. The Senior Director of Development nurtures and supports relationships with corporations, foundations, advocates and staff, and friends of NBT, all of which will benefit, enhance and extend NBT’s mission, program and facilities. The Senior Director of Development is the staff person overseeing Events, Public Relations, Branding and Media Output. All materials, including letters, annual appeals, newsletters, brochures, flyers, and social media are either developed or approved through this position passed through the President for final approval. It is the responsibility of this position to maintain high quality of presentation, writing skills and accuracy. The image, consistency and branding of the organization is also a responsibility of this position.
Reports to the President.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Research, identify, cultivate and solicit foundations and corporations for funding support; establish and cultivate relationships through personal contact, the development of need/case statements and stewardship reports. Initiate, maintain and update foundation and corporate files. Keep up to date information on contributors and provide accurate reports of contributions.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit major individual gift prospects for annual, capital campaign, bequest, and charitable remainder trusts. Develop and implement a planned giving program and manage all related procedures. Develop case statements, special appeals and solicitation materials; write and edit texts of brochures, pamphlets and reports.
- Plan, develop and implement all aspects of the organization’s annual events in conjunction with the President, the Development Committee, and others, as needed.
- Plan, develop and implement all aspects of the fall appeal to individual donors. Coordinate production and mass mailings with printer and designers; review and revise drafts provided by appeal authors. Ensure that accurate gift records are kept and maintained and provide timely personalized responses and acknowledgement of contributions.
- Facilitate, coordinate and work closely with the Communications Manager who provides communications support to this position. Supervise the development and production of all NBT’s media including the newsletter, annual report and other communications. Work closely with all programmatic staff to coordinate communications and ensure that all communications contain the appropriate branding.
- Draft, and review annual budgets, strategic plans and procedures for submission to the President and Board committees. Manage the Development, Events and Public relations budgets.
- Staff the board’s Development Committee and schedule and coordinate its meetings with the President. Function as a member of the organization’s senior leadership team and attend staff meetings; provide reports and information on development initiatives and activity to staff; and visit program offices to gain firsthand knowledge of mission work and the needs of youth and the organization.
- Develop and produce the materials necessary to market NBT’s message to various constituencies.
- Define and determine the use of social media for the best advantage to NBT, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Linked in, and Hootsuite and all social media messaging for fundraising, marketing, education and contact to maintain the highest standards of communication and adhere to organization policies and standards.
- Thorough understanding of and strong commitment to NBT’s goals and mission.
- 10 or more years of nonprofit fund development experience in a senior leadership position
- Bachelor’s degree required. Graduate degree preferred.
- Experience working effectively with volunteers, boards, and committees.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability and willingness to work closely with other colleagues as a team; experience and comfort in working with individuals with diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent communication skills including written, interpersonal and public speaking.
- Participate in all appropriate staff development and planning sessions. Develop individual professional development and continuing education plan.
- Present a positive image of NBT through formal and informal contacts with all constituencies.
- Assist in public relations and outreach to the community.
- Energy, integrity, judgment, discretion, maturity and flexibility.
- Ability to take initiative.
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Creative thinker.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Benefits: Comprehensive package offered
Hours: Full-time position
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Only complete applications considered. A complete application consists of the following 3 items: cover letter, resume and three professional references. Applications accepted only by email at email@example.com — In the subject line, please write “Senior Director of Development Application.” No phone calls please.
News & Media
If you would like to request an interview or a speaker for your event, please get in touch with us. We’ll respond as quickly as we can with an answer to your request.
Manager of Communications