NBT Seeks Administrative Assistant
POSTED March 1, 2017
New Brunswick Tomorrow (NBT) seeks a talented individual to join its highly effective team as an Administrative Assistant. The primary responsibilities are as follows:
1) Provide administrative support to all staff to ensure program operations and volunteer support are maintained in an effective, accurate, and up-to-date manner. Activities include:
- Maintain volunteer/task force lists and database
- Remind, confirm (via telephone and email) and report on volunteer attendance.
- Prepare and email/mail meeting packets and follow up with absent volunteers.
- Meeting set up/clean up, to include ordering refreshments or meals.
- Maintain and distribute accurate meeting schedules.
- Write meeting minutes in an accurate manner and maintain on file.
- Prepare, copy, file general correspondence as requested.
- Manage and distribute office mail as directed.
2) Provide office support functions to ensure staff has the resources for effective operations. Activities include:
- Open office on time. Hours of operation are 8:30am to 5:00pm. May require some early and evening hours, as needed.
- Maintain daily office schedule, both employee and conference room.
- Maintain neat appearance of office and facilitate repairs through property owner.
- Maintain an efficient office filing system.
- Maintain and order office supplies within the limitations of the annual budget.
- Maintain operations of office equipment, such as copier & postage machine.
3) Provide clerical services. Activities include:
- Welcome and assist guests arriving to NBT
- Answer all incoming phone calls in a polite and courteous manner.
- Direct calls, as needed, and respond to all inquiries.
4) Assists President on various projects. Qualifications: The candidate must possess the following qualifications.
- Positive attitude and strong communication and interpersonal skills, bilingual preferred.
- High school diploma
- Specialized training in office management strongly desired, but not required.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience providing administrative support.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a deadline driven environment.
- Exceptional computer skills, especially in Word, Access, Excel, & PowerPoint.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Only complete applications considered. A complete application consists of the following 3 items: cover letter, resume and three professional references. Applications accepted only by email at email@example.com — In the subject line, please write “Administrative Assistant Application.” No phone calls please.
News & Media
If you would like to request an interview or a speaker for your event, please get in touch with us. We’ll respond as quickly as we can with an answer to your request.
Manager of Communications